Re: Editing tool: transpose 8ve

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: Editing tool: transpose 8ve
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 12:06:51 -0400

On Wednesday 26 May 2010 03:09:12 Dmytro O. Redchuk wrote:

> I'd say, doing this in Scheme is a much better thing in some cases
>  --- it is "rollbackable" easily, configurable and so on. In some
>  cases :-)

The working part of each sed script is very short, 3 lines, but the
reason I posted it was to demonstrate the use of xsel with it. It
doesn't matter what the editor is or how you display the text. You
select with the mouse, enter "ottava up" and there it is, ready to
select again and raise it another octave or paste anywhere into your
editor, without erasing anything. I used it to copy a block of notes an
octave lower to reuse it, not to replace it.

Xsel makes it a tool for edits only, not depending on running lilypond
or any particular editor. If xsel can pipe text to your code I can use
it. Sed is not a bad tool for simple translations though. :-)

 Regards, daveA

--
For beginners: very easy guitar music, solos, duets, exercises. Early
intermediate guitar solos. One best scale set for all guitarists.