Re: aligning text and devnull with extender

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: aligning text and devnull with extender
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 09:01:04 -0400

Hi Jan-Peter:

> I am typesetting a few choral pieces (using the stable version 2.12.2 Ubuntu
> repo), where there is often a sign, that singers should close from vowel to
> 'N'.
> This is written: a - - - men ____ (n) ____
> The choir should do this in designated times/positions, so it should be
> written in the score.

I think perhaps it's easier than you think:

lyrL = { \once \override LyricText #'self-alignment-X = #LEFT }
noten = \relative c'' {
  \set melismaBusyProperties = #'() d1 |
  c1 ~ |
  c1
  \bar "|."
}
text = \lyricmode {
 a -- \lyrL \markup \line { men \draw-line #'(4 . 0) } "(n)"
}
\score {
  \new ChoirStaff <<
    \new Staff \new Voice = "melodieA" \noten
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "melodieA" \text

}

No need for all those extra Voices, DevNull contexts, etc.

Hope this helps!
Kieren.