RE: chordname suffixes not superscript?

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: chordname suffixes not superscript?
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 18:22:41 -0400

Hello,

-----Original Message-----
From: address@hidden on behalf of Christian McConnell
Sent: Sat 29/05/2010 17:55

My question is this: is there a way to set chordnames so that the chord suffix,
no matter what it is, is not superscript? In other words, can I make it so that
"sus4" or "7" has the same baseline and size as the chord root, just like "m"
does?

--

While not as 'elegant' I guess, my chord notation needs are simple, so I simply
define a 'markup' variable which will make the baselines all the same.

Cm7 = \markup { \null \raise #0.5 {\sans \small \general-align #X #CENTER Cm7 }
}

Then I simply add '\Cm7' thus:

{ c4^\Cm7 }

The other variables \null \raise #0.5 and \general-align #X #CENTER are what I
find works for me in my compositions, so these might not be apt for you, but I
hope you can get my point.

James