Re: tied harmonic and parentheses in TabStaff

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: tied harmonic and parentheses in TabStaff
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 21:06:36 +0200

Federico Bruni schrieb:
Hi all,

I've realized that a tied harmonic note in TabStaff keeps the angle
brackets while the number is correctly removed. (see attached file)
I suppose this is not intended and in my opinion brackets should be
removed.
Hi Federico,

you are right, the brackets have to be removed, too.
I've done it manually with:
\once \override HarmonicParenthesesItem #'stencil = ##f

But I think this should be the default behaviour.
Can this be implemented?
Yes, but it is not as straightforward as I meant it to be: in the case where
the tie spans over a line break, the fret number is parenthesized, and the
parentheses are drawn over the angle brackets, so an optimal solution
would take care of these combinations - I'll have a closer look.

Marc
What do you think about it?

Thanks,
Federico