Re: spacing/breaking issue [time-sensitive]

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: spacing/breaking issue [time-sensitive]
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 12:50:17 -0400

Hi Neil,

>> Wait... one HAS to use \pageBreak if you set "minimal-breaking"?
> According to the texidocs for the minimal-breaking regression tests, yes.

According to Notation,
"The ly:minimal-breaking function performs minimal computations to calculate
the page breaking: it fills a page with as many systems as possible before
moving to the next one."

1. No mention of \pageBreak (which is introduced in the next section) being
required.
2. This description is clearly false, at least in the case of my score: it was
saving 4 systems for the last page, where it looked just fine with 2 (and the
other two on previous pages).

> It doesn't seem to offer anything useful over inserting manual breaks
> while forbidding automatic breaking, but I'm sure there's more to it than
> this.

Probably -- I'll look into it during my post-mortem.
At the very least, it should do what it says in Notation. [Or Notation should
be rewritten.]

Cheers,
Kieren.