Re: spacing/breaking issue [time-sensitive]

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: spacing/breaking issue [time-sensitive]
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 01:24:01 +0100

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 07:59:20PM -0400, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> Graham,
>
> > Since none of those are in the tracker as a Critical issue, none
> > of them are show-stoppers for 2.14.
>
> May I say that
> <http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=884>
> being labelled as "medium" causes me to wonder about the whole bug
> prioritizing system. Is there some logic to what makes something "critical"?

A regression.  If 884 created good output in 2.12, then by all
means point this out and it'll be re-categorized.

Note that even truly embarrassing mistakes are not Critical --
those are High.  I wouldn't call 884 "truly embarrassing", though.
At least, not in comparison to various other longstanding bugs.
(are you starting to understand why I'm so short-tempered when
people talk about grand new features and the like?)

Cheers,
- Graham