Re: beamed-stem-shorten

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: beamed-stem-shorten
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 21:08:13 -0400

On Wednesday 02 June 2010 22:41:07 you wrote:
>  How about using
>
>  version "2.12.3"
>
>  score {
>  new Staff {
>  clef "G_8"
>  time 3/4
>  key e minor
>  stemDown
>  times 2/3 { override Stem #'length-fraction = #(magstep -2)
>  g'8[ e' b] }
>  times 2/3 {g'[ e' b] }
>  times 2/3 {g'[ e' b] }
>
>  times 2/3 { revert Stem #'length-fraction
>  g'8[ e' b] }
>  times 2/3 {g'[ e' b] }
>  times 2/3 {g'[ e' b] }
>
>  time 4/4
>  override Stem #'length-fraction = #(magstep -2)
>  g'8[ e' b' e']
>  revert Stem #'length-fraction
>  g'8[ e' b' e']
>  }
>  }
>
>  Nick

Sorry, misdirected this.

Fantastic! Thank you so much. I was very disappointed when I
upgraded and found that beamed-stem-shorten was still documented,
ran without protest, and did nothing, so it is a bug. How should
I have found Stem length-fraction, or the "details" method, which
hopefully works also?  Regards, daveA

--
For beginners: very easy guitar music, solos, duets, exercises. Early
intermediate guitar solos. One best scale set for all guitarists.