Re: Suppress .ps generation

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Suppress .ps generation
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 16:56:12 +0200

2010/6/6 Disc Magnet <address@hidden>:
> When I run the command: lilypond foo.ly, it generates a foo.ps as well
> as foo.pdf. Is there a way to suppress the creation of the foo.ps
> file?

The .pdf is created from the .ps, but given that it's an intermediate
file which in general is only useful for that, you can delete it
automatically by the

-ddelete-intermediate-files

option.  Starting from 2.13.4, LilyPond deletes it by default.

> specifying explicitly "--formats=pdf" should override this. Any idea why ps
> output is a default?

The music is drawn internally in the PostScript language. PNG or SVG
images and PDF documents are generated from that PS file, even if it
is deleted afterwards.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com