How do I make all measures have the same width?

From: snozpacker
Subject: How do I make all measures have the same width?
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 01:07:44 -0700 (PDT)

I am working on a Lilypond template to format jazz lead sheets so that they
resemble the formatting of the (hand written) lead sheets in the Chuck Sher
New Real Books.

I know that Lilypond is programmed to carefully place bar lines to make
classical scores look beautiful.  But for the many jazz tunes that are
organized into 4-bar phrases, lead sheets are usually written so that each
line has four bars, and each bar is the same width.  This way, all phrases
start at the beginning of the line, and when you scan down the page, all of
the bar lines are right on top of each other.

In the example below, you can see that the first bar of the first line is
much bigger than the first bar of the second line.  If one were writing this
snippet out by hand, one would probably first draw equally spaced bar lines
on the first two lines of staff paper and then write in the notes, to ensure
that the bar lines line up

I haven't been able to find a way to do this in Lilypond.  How do I do it?
Thanks.

Example code:

\paper {
  indent = 0\mm
}

\header {
         title = "Angst"
         composer = "Brad Mehldau"

        }

\score{
<<

\new ChordNames
\chords {
bes2.:m7 bes:maj7 e:maj7/bes b:m7/bes
e:m7 a:m7 c:maj7 fis:m7
}

\new Staff {
\time 3/4

\set Staff.minimumVerticalExtent = #'(-5.5 . 5.5)
   \clef treble

\relative c'' {

   \override Score.BarNumber  #'break-visibility = #end-of-line-invisible
   \set Score.barNumberVisibility = #(every-nth-bar-number-visible 40)

r8 f, r f'~ \times 2/3 {f ees des}
c2.
r8 e, r dis'~ \times 2/3 {dis cis b}
\times 3/4 {a8 cis r4 a fis} \break