Lilypond-mode in emacs on WinXP

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: Lilypond-mode in emacs on WinXP
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 15:49:49 -0400

Greetings -

I've been forced (temporarily,  I hope) onto a WinXP Pro laptop. I've successfully downloaded LilyPond 2.12.3.1 and Emacs 22.3. I cannot figure out how to get Emacs to recognize (much less accept as default for .ly files) lilypond-mode. If anyone out there has successfully gotten Emacs to work with lilypond-mode on WinXP and can explain the process to me, I would be grateful.

I appreciate your time and attention,

Ralph

--
Ralph Palmer