Re: Woodwind diagrams in lilypond w/ changes from M Watts & I Hulin

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Woodwind diagrams in lilypond w/ changes from M Watts & I Hulin
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 04:19:01 -0600

On 6/10/10 2:09 AM, "Mike Solomon" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hey José.
>

> I would also not suggest copy-and-pasting my new scheme and postscript files
> into your working directory ­ it is generally bad practice.  If you do this
> and there winds up being a bug that I didn¹t catch, you will have another
> problem on your hands that is much more precipitous than the potential
> problems associated with compiling.

In my experience, as long as a backup copy of the scm/ and ps/ directories
are saved, there's no problem with trying to copy in new files.  That's how
I started developing fret diagrams on Windows, many years ago.

But you do need to recognize that your installation may break and that you
may need to reset it.

Thanks,

Carl