Re: Macro or variable for sequence of notes that repeat often?

From: Disc Magnet
Subject: Re: Macro or variable for sequence of notes that repeat often?
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 19:38:28 +0530

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 7:33 PM, D'Arcy J.M. Cain
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 18:55:01 +0530
> Disc Magnet <address@hidden> wrote:
>> In my Lilypond input file, I have a group of notes that are repeated
>> at many places in the music. Here is a hypothetical example.
>>
>> c d e f g a b c
>> c c c d d d e e
>> a b a b c c d d
>> c d e f g a b c
>> f e fe f e g g g
>> c d e f g a b c
>>
>> So, you can see that 'c d e f g a b c' is repeated again and again. Is
>> there a way to make a macro or a variable and store 'c d e f g a b c'
>> in it and reuse it whenever required?
>
> Riff1 = {c d e f g a b c}
> \Riff1

Thanks. I have many arpeggios in my piece as well. So, I'm planning to
to use it in ths manner:

dMinor = {d f a f d f a f} and use \dMinor whereever required.  But, I
am also wondering that since there are many standard chords and
arpeggios such a C-major, D-minor, E-minor, etc. is there a way to
tell Lilypond that I need the arpeggio D-minor from C-major scale and
it would just print the arpeggio?