Re: multi-tempi

From: James Bailey
Subject: Re: multi-tempi
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 18:20:54 +0200

On 14.06.2010, at 15:20, Hans Roels wrote:

I don't really know Lilypond well (I just had a quick look at the documentation) but I have some music notation problems and maybe somebody could tell me if
Lilypond is the right tool to solve my problems.

1. Is it possible to create a score with a fixed number of seconds (not bars)
per system?

I would do this myself. i.e., in 4/4, with a tempo of 4=60, and arbitrarily decide 16 seconds per system means s1*4\break

2. Is it possible to create a score with different parts/voices that each have a different tempo? for example a score with a first part in tempo 56 bpm, a second
in 64 bpm and a third in 92 bpm?

I would do this by calculating the tempo, i.e., 8=128 (8/8) / 4=92 (4/4) and simply applying the principles in section 1.2.3 of the Notation Reference, under Polymetric notation.