Re: Rendering umlauts fails

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: Re: Rendering umlauts fails
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 23:20:26 +0200

Am 2010-06-14 um 17:40 schrieb Michael Käppler:

Hi all,
after using Lilypond a long time on a Linux machine I now tried out
the Win build. There I encounter a problem which I have never seen
on Linux AFAIK. If I use Lyrics containing umlauts, sometimes Lily
only doesn't show them, sometimes aborts with plenty of messages like this:

Programmierfehler: invalid UTF-8 string
Fortsetzung, die Daumen drücken

It also reports:

Programmierfehler: Glyph hat keinen Namen, aber Zeichensatz unterstützt
Glyphnamen.
Glyph U+FFFFFFFF wird übersprungen, Datei C:/Program Files
x86)/LilyPond/usr/share/lilypond/current/fonts/otf/CenturySchL- Roma.otf

I've set enc=utf8 in my vimrc.

Check with another editor if your file really is in UTF-8 encoding, I doubt it.
Seems also that your shell isn't configured for UTF-8 output.

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm