Re: Alternative polymetric representation

From: Arle Lommel
Subject: Re: Alternative polymetric representation
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 21:04:00 -0400

Thanks to Alexander for the quick fix. I hadn't found that bit (obviously), in
part because I wasn't thinking about it in the context of beams, but rather in
the context of polymetric time signatures and that problem. Had I thought to
look in the semi-obvious place, I suppose I would have found it.

Carl, it's not time critical, especially now that I have a workaround that
restores the former behavior. But I'll be curious to see how the new autobeam
syntax works (especially in conjunction with my unusual metrical requirements).
Is there some way to sign up to be notified of changes in particular areas of
Lilypond? I'm particularly interested in anything to do with simplifying
polymetric time signatures. If I were a real programmer (rather than a PHP
kludger), I would gladly volunteer to work on this area of the program.

Finally, I found the cause for the duplication of my first line: it was simply
duplicated in the source file. I have no idea why that happened, but it was NOT
Lilypond's fault.

Best,

Arle