(2.13.x) Alignment of topmost and bottommost staff of page

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: (2.13.x) Alignment of topmost and bottommost staff of page
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 20:39:31 +0200

Hi, all,

is it possible to tell LilyPond to use the same vertical positions for all topmost and bottommost staff lines of different pages? Rephrased, can I say "I know what I'm doing, ignore all vertical extents below the last staff lines of a page for vertical stretching, even if it collides with the footer"?

I have a case where on a single page, the bottom staff contains a single note with two ledger lines and a figured bass number, which causes the whole page to be compressed more than I want it, and destroys the alignment w.r.t. the page on the opposite side. I'd rather have this going into the footer/margin area, it will look more consistent. Of course, the same can apply to the topmost staff of a page, though I don't think is that severe in this case.

Thanks in advance,
Alexander