Aligning the end of a text spanner with a tempo indication

From: Richard Sabey
Subject: Aligning the end of a text spanner with a tempo indication
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 11:57:28 +0000

Please, how do I set up a text spanner so that its end-text is in the correct place, if there also happens to be a tempo indication there? In the example below, I intend the "a tempo" to come at the start of bar 3, but it is late. It seems that the left-hand edge of "a tempo" is vertically aligned with the centre of the tempo indication.

(I checked NR, the Internals and the issues-list but found nothing relating to this problem.)

Dynamic text spanners made using e.g. \dimTextDim and \> work fine, so the bug might be that I've used \override wrongly here.

%%%% begin example
\version "2.13.17"

tempi =
{
    \override TextSpanner #'(bound-details left text) = "rit."
    \override TextSpanner #'(bound-details right text) = "a tempo"
    s1\startTextSpan s    % 1-2
    \tempo "Un poco meno mosso" 4=100
    s\stopTextSpan s    % 3-4
}