Re: Please help with automatic accidentals!

From: Dmytro O. Redchuk
Subject: Re: Please help with automatic accidentals!
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 12:07:52 +0300

On Thu 17 Jun 2010, 19:39 Neil Puttock wrote:
> The lack of accidentals in the first bar is explaing by the known
> issue at the bottom of this page:
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/displaying-pitches#automatic-accidentals
Is it? Well, ok, let it be.

> Looking at the definition for 'piano, it seems accidentals in other
> voices are only remembered in the current bar, hence why there's only
> one accidental present in the second bar.  You can tweak the
> definition manually,
>
> \layout {
>   \context {
>     \PianoStaff
>     extraNatural = ##f
>     autoAccidentals =
>     #`(Staff
>       ,(make-accidental-rule 'any-octave 1)
>       ,(make-accidental-rule 'same-octave 1)
>       PianoStaff
>       ,(make-accidental-rule 'any-octave 1)
>       ,(make-accidental-rule 'same-octave 1))
>     autoCautionaries = #'()
>   }
> }
Thank You for this, i will learn it .)

> but there's still a problem with the lower stave not noticing the cis,
> due to the durations all being equal in the first bar (this might be a
> bug; I'm not sure without investigating further.)
Yes, looks like a bug; and it behaves differently for <smth>-cautionary
(differently then for <smth>). I'll try look closer today and then submit an
issue.

Thank You very much.

It seems, that all this does not answer my question ("why my real scores lack
automatic accidentals _a lot_?!.."), but it seems i need to move step by step.

PS.

This shows two or three problems, as for me:

{
  \new Staff {
  #(set-accidental-style 'modern-voice 'Score)
    <<
      {
        cis''1 -"'modern-voice" |
        c''1
        cis''1 |
        c''1
      }
      \\
      {
        c'1 |      % no natural here
        c'1 |      % no natural here
        c'2 ~ c' | % no natural here
        c'1 |      % natural!

{
  \new Staff {
  #(set-accidental-style 'modern-voice-cautionary 'Score)
    <<
      {
        cis''1 -"'modern-voice-cautionary" |
        c''1
        cis''1 |
        c''1
      }
      \\
      {
        c'1 |      % no natural here
        c'1 |      % no natural here
        c'2 ~ c' | % natural! before second half, between notes!-)
        c'1 |      % no natural here

So, i'll try to look closer today.

Thank You a lot!

--