Re: after-last-staff-spacing when "last staff" is a non-staff

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: after-last-staff-spacing when "last staff" is a non-staff
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 10:35:51 +0300

On Fri, 2010-06-18 at 23:04 -0400, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> [Lilypond 2.13.23]
>
> Hi all,
>
> I've got a classic setup in my choral score(s):
>
> <<
>   \new ChoirStaff <<
>     \new Staff \fooMusic
>       \addlyrics \fooLyrics
>     \new Staff \barMusic
>       \addlyrics \barLyrics
>   >>
>   \new PianoStaff <<
>     \new Staff \upper
>     \new Staff \lower
>   >>

> It appears that changing the ChoirStaff #'after-last-staff-spacing
> does not affect the spacing after the Lyrics context (i.e., between
> the ChoirStaff and PianoStaff), because Lyrics is not a "staff".
> Is this expected behaviour?

Maybe, but it's hard to tell without an example.
after-last-staff-spacing should affect the spacing between the last
staff in ChoirStaff and the first staff in PianoStaff. After this space
is determined, the Lyrics line is placed in the gap according to its own
spacing settings. So, for example, if you set padding then it will
affect the amount of whitespace between the last staff of the ChoirStaff
and the first staff of the PianoStaff (and not the amount of whitespace
between the Lyrics and the PianoStaff).

Cheers,
Joe