Re: after-last-staff-spacing when "last staff" is a non-staff

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: after-last-staff-spacing when "last staff" is a non-staff
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 00:03:59 -0400

Hi Joe and Carl,

> this discussion would be clearer if you could provide
> an example to show what you want to achieve.

Well, as just one manifestation of the problem, here's one side effect that is
not expected (by me, anyway): in the snippet attached, the StaffGrouper
settings have no effect when there's a trailing Lyrics context in the
ChoirStaff.

From the amount of space present in the second score -- the one without the
Lyrics "in the way" -- it's quite clear that the Lyrics don't simply "fit in
the gap".

Thanks,
Kieren.
_________________

\version "2.13.23"

thenotes = \relative c' { \repeat unfold 32 { c } \break \repeat unfold 32 { c
} }
thelyr = \lyricmode { \repeat unfold 32 { la } }

\layout {
  \context {
    \ChoirStaff
    \override StaffGrouper #'after-last-staff-spacing = #'((padding . 24)
(space . 24) (minimum-distance . 24))

\score {
  <<
    \new ChoirStaff <<