Re: MetronomeMark placement questions

From: David Rogers
Subject: Re: MetronomeMark placement questions
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 22:05:13 -0700

* Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> [2010-06-20 16:43]:

Hi Xavier,

Thanks for the comments...

It seems to me that the best situation would be to have a property like
#'show-marks in Staff, StaffGroup, and GrandStaff & PianoStaff, with a
#'marks-direction settable to #UP/#DOWN/#BOTH. The only big issue I can see
[conceptually] would be handling French-ed staves -- specifically, when two
contexts each attempt to print marks at the same level (e.g., if you have marks at
the bottom of the complete GrandStaff as well as the bottom of the string
StaffGroup, but the PianoStaff below the string group gets removed in a system).

Anyone have other comments about this feature?

Only an enthusiastic agreement with the general direction you're going
with such a feature.

--
Thanks
David