Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: different lyrics with different alternatives

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: different lyrics with different alternatives
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 11:52:34 +0200

2010/6/26 Sven Siegmund <address@hidden>:

>    \alternative { { b d } { b a } }

Here, if you write

  \alternative { { b d \break } { b a } }

you'll see that the 'differ' part tries to be aligned with the other
lyrics. Just it doesn't in your example because it has not room enough
to fit.

> Currently, because I am not very familiar with Lilypond, I cannot
> think of another method of achieving what I want (and what you see in
> the compiled minimal example) than by writing many annoying \skip
> commands into the lyrics. This method is absolutely unsuitable for the
> actual song because the durations of notes differ (and \skips would
> have to follow them closely, I presume) and the parts of the song are
> much longer.

I have successfully typeset complex lyrics in repeats by one from

  - \repeat unfold 64 { \skip 4 }

into the lyricmode block, where 64 could well be 6400 if needed, or

  - { music music music  \new Voice = "nameOfTheFragment" { music
fragment here }
  music continued ... }

and then

  \new Lyrics \lyricsto "nameOfTheFragment" { \lyricsOfTheFragment }

for putting lyrics to that small fragment.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com