Turn off merge-differently-headed for one note

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Turn off merge-differently-headed for one note
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 08:43:41 +1000

I have a guitar piece in two voices in which I'm using \mergeDifferentlyHeadedOn in the \score section to merge the same notes in the two voices. However, there are a couple of places where I want the same note played on two different strings and therefore don't want the notes merged. I tried using

\once \override Staff.NoteCollision #'merge-differently-headed = ##f

before the relevant notes in both voices, but those notes are still getting merged. Is it possible to override the \mergeDifferentlyHeadedOn for individual notes? In the example below, how can I prevent the first note in each voice from being merged?

%============================================
\version "2.13.26"

\relative c'' {
    \new Staff <<
      \new Voice = "first"
{ \voiceOne \once \override Staff.NoteCollision #'merge-differently-headed = ##f b8 b b b b b b b }
      \new Voice= "second"
{ \voiceTwo \once \override Staff.NoteCollision #'merge-differently-headed = ##f b8 b b b b b b b }

}

Nick