Re: new website 24-hour test

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: Re: new website 24-hour test
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 23:00:03 +0200

Am 2010-06-29 um 20:43 schrieb Graham Percival:

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 08:33:51PM +0200, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
What means "Help wanted: obvious css issue to be dealt with. :("?
I found it at http://lilypond.org/macos-x.html
(Didn't search all pages for more occurrences.)

In this case, it means that if you have a browser window less than
about 1000 pixels, important information about the
 exec DIR/...
line is covered up by the picture in the right column.

We need either smaller margins, or smaller font, or something.
This should be done by CSS if at all possible; if not, we'll look
at changing the texinfo source.

Ah, didn't check a smaller window.

Add to lilypond-web.css:

pre.smallexample {
        white-space: pre-wrap;
}

That wraps long lines, if necessary. (Doesn't work in IE<8 and FF<3.1, though.)

Some "continuing line" sign like &#8629; would be nice, but I don't think we can achieve that just with CSS.

pre.smallexample:after { /* not the right thing */
        content: &#8629;
}

Can you perhaps place a light paragraph sign at the end of every <pre> line somehow with the texinfo converter?
Then one would distinguish wrapped lines by not having that sign.
Like
But that would complicate copying such examples.

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm