Re: equal height for markup

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: equal height for markup
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 15:31:47 +0200

2010/7/1 Adam Good <address@hidden>:

> Hi,
> This should be very simple but I can't find a hint.
>
> Could someone please offer a suggestion...in the snippet below for
> some percussion notation I would like for the texts attached to each
> note to be horizontally aligned with one another. Now it seems the
> height is based on rhythmic value.

Hi!

  \override TextScript #'Y-extent = #'(-1.5 . 1.5)

seems to do the trick.  ;-)

This hint is presented in NR 1.3.1 Dynamics > snippet
"Vertically aligned dynamics and textscripts", just took the
TextScript part.
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/attached-to-notes.html#dynamics

Another easy workaround would be to use a Lyrics context for your text.

Cheers,
Xavier

--
Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>