Re: Emacs lily mode WAS: [announcement] Elysium - LilyPond IDE for Ecli

From: Bernardo Barros
Subject: Re: Emacs lily mode WAS: [announcement] Elysium - LilyPond IDE for Eclipse
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 11:35:06 -0300

2010/7/3 Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden>:
> Nicolas wrote a more advanced thing, lyqi and recently David Kastrup
> mentioned he wanted to work on it.
>
> I think it would be nice if the efforts could be joined and have
> lyqi merged with lilypond's [new?] mode, or with emacs.

Yes, I think this is an important sub-project. Lilypond-mode has a lot
of potential.
There is easy things to do like:

a) quarter-tones support for lyqi.
b) put an articullation for all notes inside an articullation.
More advanced features would be:
c) integration/interaction with the preview.
d) integration with Documentation, like a short-cut so you can read a
documentation for any word/command
e) autocompletion
f) integration with flyspell and other syntax auto-checking
 ... more???

The debug is not bad, because you have links to the error in the code.