Re: Bug? a minimal example to show "going back in midi time"

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Bug? a minimal example to show "going back in midi time"
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 09:36:49 -0600

On 7/9/10 5:03 PM, "胡海鹏 - Hu Haipeng" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear All,
>   After reading the messages about "going back in midi time", I realized that
> the main problem of my overture's midi output is not totally because of
> articulate. Here's the small intro containing just 8 bars, and the problem is
> at bar 7. Please run it, and you'll see these warnings. I add many c's in harp
> part, and you will hear bad time delay in other instruments at the beginning
> of bar 8. Serious bug, and if you acknowledge, I'll forward it to bug list.
> Or, must I change all graces into tuplets or vice versa in the tag midi parts?

I have not yet solved the issue, but I have narrowed it down somewhat.

The problem appears to happen in the 5/4 time measure of the clarinet part
(among others).

If the midi score is reduced to just the clarinet part, the problems of
"going back in MIDI time" are eliminated.  Similarly with just the bassoon
part.

But if both the clarinet and bassoon parts are included in the score, the
MIDI time errors exist.

In order to narrow down this problem, it would be helpful to try to get a
simpler case that demonstrates the error.

Thanks,

Carl