Re: line break in unequal bars

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: line break in unequal bars
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 21:50:26 +0100

On 12 July 2010 20:54, Neil Thornock <address@hidden> wrote:

> That was my hunch -- but I'm not sure what to call the unscaled
> material.  It is in a separate "something," right?  What is it, if not
> a voice?

It's music belonging to the same voice, but stuck in a separate
sequential music block; this allows the insertion of paper columns
(via \bar "") at points in time which would be impossible in the
scaled music alone without using ties (since these extra columns
coincide with `busy' notes).

Cheers,
Neil