Different versions of LilyPond

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Different versions of LilyPond
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 11:54:13 +0200

Hello list,

I would like to have several versions of LilyPond installed at the same time to be able to test lilypond code in different versions. What would be the best way to accomplish this on Windows XP and Ubuntu Linux? I recall having read something about a renaming/symlink solution on Linux but don't seem to find it anymore.

Any tips?
Many thanks
Urs