Re: random music

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: random music
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 20:02:15 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 20 Jul 2010, Mike Solomon wrote:

For what it's worth...

I do a lot of exactly this: aleatoric composition in Lilypond.
(....)
I use Python for all of my aleatory and have Python spit out
lilypond-parseable code.  There is no good reason for this aside from the
fact that, for me, thinking creatively in Python is easier and faster than
thinking creatively in Scheme.

That's what I was thinking. Doing such things in Python is probably easier. But the thought of a lilypond input file that produces random output files all by itself just intrigues me.

--

Martin