Re: How should I use #'glyph-name = ... ?

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: How should I use #'glyph-name = ... ?
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 17:17:24 +0100

On 23 July 2010 08:44, Philipp Zedler <address@hidden> wrote:

> In the following snippet I try to replace the note head by a clef. The first
> attempt works, the other two have no effect. Why?

The 'glyph-name property is only accessed if 'style is also set (and
doesn't equal 'default), though even if you do change 'style, you're
still restricted to glyphs which have the prefix `noteheads.'.

If your chosen head isn't present in one of the notehead styles,
you'll have to use 'stencil; note that you don't need the 'text
property, since you can pass the glyph string directly to 'stencil
using `grob-interpret-markup':

#(define ((note-head-musicglyph name) grob)
          (grob-interpret-markup grob (make-musicglyph-markup name)))

{
  \once \override NoteHead #'stencil = #(note-head-musicglyph "clefs.G")
  g'
  <c' e' \tweak #'stencil #(note-head-musicglyph "scripts.stopped") g'>

Neil