Lilypond to typeset solfa style Indian music

From: ananth p
Subject: Lilypond to typeset solfa style Indian music
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 21:57:58 +0530

Hi,

I've been using lilypond for quite a while to typeset scores.

I'd like to typeset Carnatic (Indian) music scores, which don't use Staff notation system. Just text, like solfa, nevertheless it's a music system with durations, meters, barlines etc.

I can use the 'lyrics' part to enter my notes. No staff needed. Now, is it possible to space and align these notes just as lily does on staff?

Here's a piece of example score I tried to typeset with Latex - http://twitpic.com/2998r0/full

Thanks for any help

cheers,
Ananth