Re: Position Staff between two ending staffs

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Position Staff between two ending staffs
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 17:04:34 +0200

2010/7/29 clarinetcola <address@hidden>:

> Awesome! I didn't think of starting and stopping simply because the
> existing music were there in two staves already and I didn't want to
> mess up the format.  I've just got some copy and pasting to do now.

Hi!

Why not "simply" use nested music expressions?

Like this :

% \version "2.13.28"

up = \relative c' {
  c4 d e c c4 d e c
}

middle = \relative c' {
  c4 d e c c4 d e c
}

down = \relative c' {
  c4 d e c c4 d e c
}

\score {
  \new StaffGroup <<
    {
      <<
        \new Staff {\up}
        \new Staff = "down" {\down }

      \new Staff \with {
        alignAboveContext = #"down"
      }
      {
        \once \override Staff.Clef #'stencil = ##f
        \once \override Staff.TimeSignature #'stencil = ##f
        \middle

Xavier

--
Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>