Function to add a "-" before finger number

From: Antheo
Subject: Function to add a "-" before finger number
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 17:55:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I write some Violin pieces and would like to implement a function to typeset
a commonly used fingering with the shift indicator (simply a "-" before the
finger number).

Ideally I'd like to have the following syntax: {f \shift a-1} where the
\shift command would add a dash and offset the finger number to be aligned
with the note. Or it could be {f a\shift-1}.

I implemented the following function but it does not behave as expected and
generate side effects.

%% Shift Finger
%% Print a finger number preceded by a "-" to indicate a shift
%% Usage: ex: f \shift a-1
%% Passing a string as i had error with passing an integer

sf = #(define-music-function (parser location finger) ( string? ) #{
        \once \override TextScript #'extra-offset = #'(0 . 0)
    \mark \markup { \tiny \concat {\char ##x2012 $finger }}
#})
http://old.nabble.com/file/p29331036/Snippet_Fingering.ly
Snippet_Fingering.ly