LSR search results are "shifted" (was: LSR: inconsistent search results

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: LSR search results are "shifted" (was: LSR: inconsistent search results)
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 13:27:35 +0200

Hi Sebastiano!

Sorry to disturb you, especially in this "holiday" season.

I complained a month ago on lilypond-user about the LSR search engine
that gives really *inconsistent* results.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2010-07/msg00139.html

I did not get an answer but since I have made some tests and I have
further information that might help in identifying (and thus solving)
the problem.

Actually I noticed yesterday that the real problem is that results
given by LSR search engine are *SHIFTED*.

Let's explain it better with a concrete example.

If I search the words "merging rests", I got as first result
snippet 337: Controlling tuplet bracket visibility (which is not at all
related to "merging rests"), BUT
if I take the *previous* snippet, i.e. snippet 336, I got
"Merging rests automatically...", which is, as you see, the correct
result of what I was looking for.
Same for second result: #469 -> #468 .
Hence my hypothesis: search results are "shifted" (correct number + 1).

This is exactly the same for "RehearsalMark" and every searched terms,
IMO.

Could somebody have a look at this and, if possible, solve this?
It would be really appreciated.

Many thanks!

Cheers,
Xavier