Re: Include files into one score

From: Brett McCoy
Subject: Re: Include files into one score
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 15:19:23 -0400

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 3:11 PM, pwf100220 <address@hidden> wrote:

> I wrote three parts of a song separately because they were becoming a little
> overwhelming.  I want to \include the three files into one but I'm doing
> something wrong.  It only includes the last file and uncommenting it only
> includes the 2nd file and so on.  Is it possible to include all three in
> this manner?
>
> \include "File 1"
> \include "File 2"
> \include "File 3"
>
> \score {
>      \new ChoirStaff <<........etc.

Can you paste in the actual code? Is there perhaps something in the
separate files that is incorrect? What happens when you compile, any
kinds of warnings or errors?

I've done this very thing, including a separate file for each part, as
in the example code below:

\version "2.12.1"

\paper{
  #(set-default-paper-size "letter")
  left-margin = 15\mm
  ragged-last-bottom = ##t
}

\include "common.ly"
\include "harmony.ly"
\include "tar.ly"
\include "kemenche.ly"
\include "strings.ly"
\include "guitar.ly"
\include "keys.ly"
\include "bass.ly"
\include "shakers.ly"
\include "dumbek.ly"

\score {
  <<
    \set Score.markFormatter = #format-mark-box-alphabet
    \new Voice = "tar" { \tar }
    \new Voice = "kemenche" { \kemenche }
    \new Voice = "strings" { \strings }
    \new Voice = "guitar" { \guitar }
    \new PianoStaff = "keys" { \keys }
    \new Staff = "bass" { \bass }
    \new DrumStaff = "shakers" { \shakers }
    \new DrumStaff = "drums" \with { drumStyleTable = #congas-style } \dumbek

  %\midi { }
  \layout{ }
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.electricminstrel.com
it would overturn the world."