Re: barlines print out at inconsistent widths with Preview (Mac OS X 10.

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: barlines print out at inconsistent widths with Preview (Mac OS X 10.6.x)
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 10:12:54 +0200

On 9 Aug 2010, at 03:30, Arle Lommel wrote:

I've noticed occasionally in the past, and now once again with 2.13.29, that Lilypond-generated PDFs often print out with variable width barlines (even though the PDFs appear fine at all magnifications) when printing from the Preview application on Mac OS X 10.6. The problem does not seem to occur when printing from Adobe Acrobat Professional 9, so this is almost certainly a problem with non-Lilypond software, at least in part, but I'm wondering what about Lilypond-generated PDFs might be triggering it.
The obvious work-around is to print using Acrobat, which I will do, but it’s still a curious problem. Any thoughts?

Since the problem seems to be in Preview, you might report it to Apple, either at
  http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html
or at
  https://bugreport.apple.com/
which requires first signing up as a developer at
  http://developer.apple.com/

You might also try 'lpr' from Terminal, for comparison.