Re: notation for tongueram

From: Stefan Thomas
Subject: Re: notation for tongueram
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 17:04:51 +0200

Dear David,
thanks for Your help.
Unfortunately, Your code didn't work.
I get
Parsing...Segmentation fault
as an error message.
Maybee it has to do with the fact, that I use version 2.12.2

2010/8/15 David Kastrup <address@hidden>
Stefan Thomas <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear community,
> I'm searching for an convincing notation for the tongue-ram effect of the
> flute.
> I tried it with:
> \new Staff  {< \tweak #'style #'triangle \parenthesize \tweak #'font-size #-3
> c'  b'> }
> But this would mean an real orgy of typesetting.
> Would it be possible to make work a bit easier?

Please don't use unbreakable spaces in source code instead of real
spaces.  Or tell your news/mailreader that it should refrain from
sprinkling your examples with them.

Well, I would have wanted to propose

tongueram =
#(define-music-function
 (parser location music) (ly:music?)
 #{ \tweak #'style #'triangle \parenthesize \tweak #'font-size #-3 $(ly:export (ly:event-property music 'pitch)) #}
)

\new Staff {< \tongueram c' b'> }

but it does not buy me more than a segmentation fault.

--
David Kastrup