Fwd: glissando without starting note

From: Pato Press
Subject: Fwd: glissando without starting note
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 15:38:16 -0300

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Pato Press <address@hidden>
Date: 2010/8/16
Subject: Re: glissando without starting note
To: James Bailey <address@hidden>

Thanks Again James! But I'm sorry to tell you  that it doesn't work :( 'cause having a previous note attached to the glissando, even if the note is hidden, make changes to the time in the bar.
Now, I made the wrong example! Sorry for that. My 2nd bar is incomplete and should had been complete.
But you are helping in making me understand what I need. And that is:

How do I move the position of the "glissando stencil" to the left of the note instead of the right standard place?
Probably it is not called glissando what I need. That, I don't know.

%% Correcting example %%

relative c''={
 key g \major
  time 4/4
  g1 \breathe | \glissando a8 a4 a8 a2~ | a1 \bar "|."

tdy

2010/8/16 James Bailey <address@hidden>

On Aug 16, 2010, at 6:51 AM, Pato Press wrote:

> Thanks James, but it doesn't work. Probably I'm doing it wrong but if I \hideNotes I end up with different problems.
> One, If I use different voices, the glissando stays hidden. The other thing its that the note placement in the bar is altered and I don't want that. I need the 1st tempo in the first tempo but arriving to the note with (lets call it) an "_expression_ glissando".
>
> %%% A more accurate example of what I need ;) %%%
>
> relative c''={
> key g \major
> time 4/4
> g1 \breathe | \glissando a8 a4 a8 a4 \bar "|."
> }
>
> Thanks again!
> tdy

Perhaps something like this?