Help with sheet music format

From: Stephen Nesbitt
Subject: Help with sheet music format
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 17:30:06 -0700

All:

I would like to use Lilypond to generate sheet music that can best be
described as having 2 distinct  and independent sections. The first - and upper
section - is simply a list of chords used in the song along with fretboard
diagrams. The second - lower part - is similar to a lead sheet with chord
names above the staff and rather than pitches in the staff slashes indicating
the beats on which there is a chord change. A rough example (less the slashes
can be found here:
http://www.musicnotes.com/sheetmusic/scorchVPE.asp?ppn=SC0009216

I've played around with Lilypond and have made some progress. I can generate
the chord listing section by creating a compound music expression consisting
of a ChordName context, a staff with staff, clef and time symbols turned off
and
a Voice context containing the fret diagrams.

However, I can't figure out the second section. Specifically:
* How do I generate the second section so that it is independent of the first -
in other words, how do I prevent Lilypond from trying to synchronize the top
part with the bottom part? Do I have multiple Score contexts? Or is ther a way
I can do that within a single Score context (a brief Lilypond example would be
most helpful)

* If I have a pickup beat, how do I prevent Lilypond from trying to place a
chord identifier above that pickup beat?

* How do I create slashes indicating the beat on which the chord changes. For
example, how do I tell Lilypond that an Em starts on beat 1 and changes to D
on beat 3?

Thanks in advance for the assist

-steve