Re: Title being cut off

From: David Rogers
Subject: Re: Title being cut off
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 22:16:45 -0700

* Michael Dykes <address@hidden> [2010-08-20 23:24]:

Actually, when I go to my docs, & open the pdf it looks fine. However, when
I print, I get the subtitle, and only half of the title???

-Michael

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 11:14 PM, Michael Dykes <address@hidden>wrote:

Hullo. I have several pieces of Orthodox music, & in all of them the title
is cut-off, i.e. I cannot see the top-half of all the letters in the title,
only the bottom-half. Now, when I go back to Fresobaldi, and hit `Lilypond'
then wait for the process to be complete, and print from there it looks
fine. But, I have uploaded all of the original files to my website, & cannot
upload them from within Frescobaldi, or do not lik having to go back to
Frescobaldi to print. What can I do?

Hi Michael
Is it possible that your Lilypond scores ask for a narrow top margin
that your printer isn't able to handle?

If you don't wish to change your Lilypond files just to accommodate this
particular printer, another option might be to choose a small percentage
of size reduction in your print dialogue. (say, printing at 95 or 96
percent)

Oh. If you are in North America, make sure your Lilypond file asks for
letter size paper - otherwise the software assumes you are using
standard European size which is a bit taller & narrower.

--
David