Re: Mixed Time Signatures: Non regular alternantion between 5/8 and 8/8

From: fauban
Subject: Re: Mixed Time Signatures: Non regular alternantion between 5/8 and 8/8
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 07:13:46 -0700 (PDT)

Xavier Scheuer wrote:

> There is a snippet "Compound time signatures" in the doc,
> NR 1.2.3 Displaying rhythms > Time signature
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/displaying-rhythms.html#time-signature
>
> Cheers,
> Xavier

Oh!, you may not have understood me well, sorry!

I do not want a time signature with (5/8)+(8/8).
I would like a time signature that could have some bars with 5 eighth notes
and other bars with 8 of them.

I have found a better example of what I would like: Scriabin: Prélude Op.11
No.16 (page 26 of this pdf file from the
IMSLP:http://imslp.info/files/imglnks/usimg/6/62/IMSLP10496-Scriabin_-_Op.11.pdf)

Anyway, thank you very much for your reply.

Have a nice day!