Re: Mixed Time Signatures: Non regular alternantion between 5/8 and 8/8

From: fauban
Subject: Re: Mixed Time Signatures: Non regular alternantion between 5/8 and 8/8
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 08:10:07 -0700 (PDT)

Kieren MacMillan wrote:

> ...Yes, but once you've displayed the initial TS, you can just turn off
> the stencil:
>
> \version "2.13.29"
>
> #(define ((custom-time-signature one two three four five six) grob)
>    (grob-interpret-markup grob
>                           (markup #:override '(baseline-skip . 0) #:number
>                                   (#:line ((#:column (one two))
>                                            (#:column (three four))
>                                            (#:column (five six)))))))
>
> alternatingTS = \relative c' {
>   \override Score.TimeSignature #'stencil =
>     #(custom-time-signature "3" "4" "5" "8" "2" "4")
>   \time 3/4 c8 c c c c c |
>   \override Score.TimeSignature #'stencil = ##f
>   \time 5/8 c8 c c c c |
>   \time 2/4 c8 c c c |
>   \time 5/8 c8 c c c c |
>   \time 3/4 c8 c c c c c |
> }
>
> \score { \alternatingTS }
>
> Cheers,
> Kieren.

Wow! I didn't expect this would be so difficult! You are simply a Genius!

I must admit I don't completely understand this code, but it works!!

Only a last thing: How can I 'end' this mixed-time-signature section? That
is: after those 5 measures, now, how could I add a normal 6/8 section?

Again, thank you very much!!