Re: Accidental overlaying stem

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Accidental overlaying stem
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 17:36:55 +0100

"Nick Payne" <address@hidden> wrote in message news:address@hidden
I think I have reported this before - a beamed note with an accidental
on a ledger line above the stave has the accidental colliding with the
stem of the previous note. For different notes it happens at different
heights above the stave and also seems to depend on the length of the
stem of the previous note:

\version "2.13.30"

\relative c' {
    \time 3/4
% \override Staff.Stem #'X-extent = #'(4 . 4)
    \stemUp ais8[ bis'' ais] ais,[ bis'! ais] ais, [ais' ais] ais,
[ais''! ais]
}

The second png shows the effect of activating the override, but the
override doesn't work at all for the first B# and not to the extent that
it should for the second last A#. How can I fix the problem - for the
first B# in particular, as that's the actual problem I encountered in
the score I'm engraving.

Nick

Can't find where you've posted this before - not to the bug group, anyway.

This looks OK in 2.12.3 and so looks like a regression.  I've added it to
the bug tracker:

As a workaround, can you use 2.12.3?

--
Phil Holmes