\cueDuring problem

From: akj850
Subject: \cueDuring problem
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 06:56:09 -0700 (PDT)

I am new to lilypond, but I experienced with text-based typesetting with
latex.  I am trying to use the \cueDuring feature of lilypond but am having
some weird behavior where the cued notes don't show up, just the rest.

This example slightly modified taken from the docs:

oboe = \relative c'' {
  b2 (d)
}
\addQuote "oboe" { \oboe }

clarinetNotes = \new Voice \relative c'' {
\key d \major
\time 2/2
\tempo "Allegro molto"
a4 b c d
  \cueDuring #"oboe" #UP { R1 }
  g2 c,
}

{
\transpose bes c' \clarinetNotes
}

if you comment out the line "a4 b c d" the example works.  But if you
uncomment it, the notes in the cue just disappear.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?  Also, I am interested in
keeping the articulations with the cues, but from what I've read, this is
pretty involved.

Any suggestions are very welcome!