More PDF metadata

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: More PDF metadata
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 16:33:28 +0200

Is it possible to insert PDF metadata (pdfmarks) into LilyPond's PostScript output?

I'd like to use existing LilyPond header information to fill the PDF header, say

[       /Title (header:title)
        /Author (header:poet / header:composer)
        /Subject (perhaps header:instrument, header:lastupdated)
        /Keywords (from other fields, e.g. Mutopia's header:maintainerWeb)
/DOCINFO pdfmark

Further it would be good to put structural information as bookmarks into the PDF, esp. for bigger works.

I'd suggest to include that into LilyPond proper, otherwise I'd like to know how I can do it. I guess I could write an EPS containing the PostScript commands and include that, but LilyPond should be able to do it somehow internally...

More about pdfmark:
http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/acrobat/sdk/pdf/pdf_creation_apis_and_specs/pdfmarkReference.pdf
http://www.pdflib.com/fileadmin/pdflib/pdf/pdfmark_primer.pdf
http://www.pdflib.com/fileadmin/pdflib/pdf/Bibel/ bibel_d_pdfmark_1x1.pdf (German)

The same already was asked in 2007:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2007-10/msg00051.html
(Seems the poster got no answer.)

There also was a thread on adding pdfmarks for each bar number:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2010-03/msg00294.html
(Seems nothing came out of that?)

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---