Re: Note on the bar

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Note on the bar
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 19:08:03 +0200

2010/8/5 Stephan Elliot Perez <address@hidden>:
> Greetings,
>       I wish to use bars as an indication of seconds and would therefore
> prefer it, if the first note of the measure were to touch the bar (and the
> stem, if the stem is pointing downward).  Does anyone know how this is
> possible?

The usual is to rely on proportional spacing, and to take the
beginning of the measure as the first stem in it.  Otherwise it would
be ugly, IMO

{
        \new RhythmicStaff {
    c'8 c' c' c' c' c' c' c'
    c'  c' c' c' c' c' c' c'

\layout { \context { \Score
        proportionalNotationDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1 20) }

Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com