Re: Lilypond to youtube

From: Éditions IN NOMINE
Subject: Re: Lilypond to youtube
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 09:28:07 +0200

Hi !

I don't know how to do it yet, but changing the paper size and hardcoding the shape of a long score such as 60mm * 2000 mm must be possible, no ?

Best regards.

JM

On 30/08/2010 09:15, Vít Baisa wrote:
Hi,
I would like to publish my compositions on youtube. I like videos with score moving while music is playing. Usually the score is rather "jumping" per lines of several bars. Despite, there are some videos (smalin has many beautiful videos, e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXpgIsXCrfA) with score fluently moving along the music. I would like achieve this with lilypond output! :)

I have an idea:
a) typeset a piece of music
b) change paper properties to make it one long strip with only one line (with one or more staves)
c) render it as PNG
d) render it also as MIDI
here comes my questions:
e) how to make lilypond output (maybe into a text file) this information:
    at the beginning of each bar, time of this bar (MIDI has that information),
    length of each bar?
f) then with script:
g) cut the strip of PNG into rectangles (suitable for youtube, with proper dimensions) pixel by pixel
h) with e.g. imagemagick and information from lilypond make an animation which will correspond to actual music.

Notes:
MIDI file is unusable, I want to record a live version of such piece but according to the MIDI file because of synchronisation with video.
I don't want to use proportional typesetting, I don't like it much

Or have you a better, simplier idea?
Or is it already solved and I am spamming?

I can manage a)-d), please help me with e) and I will make the rest. :)

Thank you for your answers!
Vít Baisa
_______________________________________________ lilypond-user mailing list address@hidden http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user