Extra bracket as a broken slurs corrector ,)

From: Dmytro O. Redchuk
Subject: Extra bracket as a broken slurs corrector ,)
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 11:22:45 +0300

Hi!

(sorry, crossposted)

This may be related to issues 379 and 427[1] .)

First of all --- please, excuse me if i missed something.

My colleague, who helps me in typing pitches, made a mistake --- well,
everyone of us may do this, it's just extra unneeded opening bracket, extra
SlurEvent in a music. But this happened right after linebreak, whith broken
slur, and i found this funny, this is a fake example:

%------------------8<----------------------------------
% (it's not a regression!-) 2.12 does the same thing)

\relative b' {
  \key f \minor
  \time 4/4
  bes4( c des bes ~
  \break
  %%
  <aes bes des>( bes des c
  %%           ^ extra bracket
  %%
  \break
  %%
  %% other items (time signatures, accidentals)
  %% do not confuse engraver!
  \time 2/2
  <a b d fis a fis, d>( b d c
  %%                  ^ extra bracket
  \break
  %%
  bes2) bes
}

\paper {
  indent = 0
  line-width = 5\cm
}

%------------------8<----------------------------------

So, if broken slur ends on the first note of the first measure after
linebreak, something like functions described above[2] may be needed (to make
slur starting after key or time signature)

Well... i feel this is *ugly* and *bad* "workaround", really.
:O)

I hope those issues will be fixed soon.

Thank you everyone who makes lilypond better, indeed.

 1. http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=379
 2. http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2010-08/msg00443.html

--
  Dmytro O. Redchuk