RE: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 94, Issue 1

From: Richie Gress
Subject: RE: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 94, Issue 1
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 08:30:02 -0400

I think \book is the bast way to do it, but I think that the files need to be arranged a certain way. Your hymn layout is like this:
=====
%hymn1.ly
\version %ver
\header { }
\footer { }
\score { }
=====
so your "tie-it-all-together" file would look something like this:
======
%tietogether.ly
\version
\markup { (contents of your title page) }
\bookpart { \include "hymn1.ly" }
\bookpart { \include "hymn2.ly" }
======
You may want to look into the documentation to learn more about bookpart... have you tried it yet? I believe it to be easier than \book.